WEIDMANN Power Transformer Technology Training Course
May 23 - 25, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, VA
Hosted by: Delta Star Inc.
The 3-Day Power Transformer Seminar is designed for operations and maintenance personnel who have responsibility for purchasing, operating, maintaining, and replacing power transformers. It will focus on the integrity of those critical components that dictate the life of a power transformer. The specific topics are updated and tailored to the local needs of the region.
The course topics are led by experts in the field and will cover the theory and field application of new technologies. We have gathered industry-wide professionals in one location to maximize your time and training investment, and to provide a single venue to learn from the faculty and your colleagues. IEEE continuing education units and NETA CTDs will be offered for all course attendees at no additional charge.
PRELIMARY AGENDA - click here for DETAILED AGENDA
Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 8:00 - 5:00pm (General Session Meetings)
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 8:00 - 5:00pm (General Session Meetings)
Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 8:00 - 3:00pm (General Session Meetings followed by Tour at Delta Star)
Transportation will be provided by WEIDMANN
- Transformers 101 - Mike Lau, WEIDMANN Electrical Technology
- Power Transformer Design - Thomas Hartmann, Delta Star
- Insulation System Design and Considerations - Bruce Forsyth, WEIDMANN Electrical Technology
- Transformer Design Considerations from the Commissioning Engineer's Perspective - Stephen Chan, EC & QA Engineering Ltd.
- Mobile Substation - Marion Jaroszewski, Delta Star
- Load Tap Changers 101 - Mike Lau, WEIDMANN Electrical Technology
- How to Successfully Witness a Power Transformer Factory Acceptance Test Event - Stephen Chan, EC & QA Engineering Ltd.
- Insulation Fluid Sampling and Quality Testing - Nick Perjanik, WEIDMANN Electrical Technology
- Vacuum Dryout and Field Oil Processing - Matti Foster, Baron USA
- Applying Advanced Diagnostics Techniques to Power Transformers - Charles Sweetser, OMICRON electronics Corp
- Transformer Mechanical Assessment with Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA) - Volney Naranjo, Megger
- Transformer Testing - Myron Bell, Delta Star
- Dissolved Gas Analysis - Fredi Jakob, Power Education Institute
- Moisture in Insulation and Transformer Dryout - Mike Lau, WEIDMANN Electrical Technology
- On-Line Monitoring and Applied Technologies - Mike Lau, WEIDMANN Electrical Technology
- Condition Based Maintenance and the Integration of Monitoring and Operations - Timothy Daniels, WEIDMANN Electrical Technology
FACILITY TOUR AT DELTA STAR
Delta Star has been proudly service the electrical manufacturing industry for over 100 years. They pride themselves in creating quality power transformers and mobile substations that provide their customers with long-term service and valued investments. Performance, reliability and durability are attributes addressed in every product design and at all levels of the manufacturing process. Each transformer is handmade by craftsmen who understand that quality is what makes Delta Star the choice for power companies around the world.
PROCEEDINGS: A digital copy of all the proceedings will be provided to each registered attendee at the start of the course.
REGISTRATION: Individuals: $1295.00
Registration fee includes Presentation Materials, Breakfast and Lunch
BONUS: Register 3, send the 4th FREE! Any orgainzation sending multiple attendees will receive 1 FREE registration with every 3 paid registrations.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Register on-line below or download the REGISTRATION FORM and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 802.751.3555. For questions call Naomi Girouard at 802.751.3567 or email her.
Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
4025 Wards Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Reservations can be made online at http://lynchburg.hgi.com using Group Code WET or directly by calling 434.239.3006. Please identify the group by group code ID above.
A block of rooms from Monday, May 22nd - Thursday, May 25th has been reserved at a discounted rate of $125.00 single for the WEIDMANN Course. Room reservations should be made by April 22, 2017 to ensure availability at the discounted rate.
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
Topic/Material Questions contact
Nick Perjanik +916.778.8435
General Event Questions contact:
Naomi Girouard +802.751.3567
CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES
PLEASE NOTE - we do not process Credit Cards online, once you have signed up online please call Naomi Girouard at 802.751.3567 to provide/discuss payment options. THANK YOU!